My Dreamcatcher
Good friends are like stars...
You don't always see them,
But you know they are always there,
Especially when you need them,
Or even when you least expect them to be there...
In short, you know, they'll never let you down.

Last night, over dinner, a good friend of mine gave me this dreamcatcher. It is a lovely, pink dreamcatcher which is made of golden threads, tiny shocking pink beads, a few colourful beads and some pink feathers! He hopes that I will be able to capture all the good dreams in my life! In reality, all of us also hope earnestly that most of our dreams would come true... Let's catch our dreams with zeal!

In Ojibwa (Chippewa) culture, a dreamcatcher is a handmade object based on a willow hoop, on which is woven a loose net or web. The dreamcatcher is then decorated with personal and sacred items such as feathers and beads. The Ojibwa believe that a dreamcatcher changes a person's dreams. According to Terri J. Andrews, "Only good dreams would be allowed to filter through . . . Bad dreams would stay in the net, disappearing with the light of day." Good dreams would pass through and slide down the feathers to the sleeper. Another version was, "Good dreams pass through the center hole to the sleeping person. The bad dreams are trapped in the web where they perish in the light of dawn."




11 Comments:
This post reminds me of a song.
Sung by: Olivia
Tittle: DreamCatcher
I wanna be your dream catcher
kokoro no oku sakanai hana wo
itsu no hi ka shinjite
I wanna be your dream catcher
ima hajimete umarekawaru
Fly again, Fly again, Fly again
[ I wanna be your dream catcher. In my heart blooms a flower(i think?). One day, I'll believe. I wanna be your dream catcher. Now, my heart will be born. Fly again Fly again Fly again. ]
Sorry about the bad translation. ><
Well, bad dreams could also somehow be a good thing too! It could let you face your fears and possibly overcome your nightmares. (or at least, in my point of view)
Sweet dreams Mdm Low!
-SiYi
Thanks, Siyi, for this long comment! Sweet dreams to you too! ;)
hi Mdm Low!
i'm using com today, so i am wishing you a early Happy Teacher's Day. >.<
- Claire Sim
Dear Mdm Low,
My exams have ended. I have gotten my results back. I have improved a lot in most of the subjects. The final exam will commence a few weeks after the school holiday so I am taking this time to improve on my weaker areas. Good Luck and Happy Teachers' Day!
Regards,
Wai Qun
Thanks, Claire! Nice to hear from you. Convey my regards to your parents! Keep in touch! ;)
Thanks, Wai Qun. Keep up the excellent work! I am very happy for you. You'll be able to reach your goals as long as you work towards them! ;)
Laughs, so did you have good dreams, mdm low? :)
I wish I do not dream when I sleep so I can sleep peacefully and rest well. :)
Ohhhhhh, i see ;/
Anw, these few days, I've been having reallllllly scary dreams! Example, dreaming that my friend got pregnant 3 times!!! Scared the hell out of me ):
Gosh, Yongxin! That's a little scary, three times, at your age!!!
laughs, i dreamt that. yes, it was scaryy ):
Post a Comment
<< Home